Man City Match Programme Wanted ( thisMonday)

tonyman

If anyone is going to the Man City game v Newcastle on Monday can you please get me a programme as there will be a tribute feature to Bert Trautmann ,of course I will reimburse you , regards ........

City’s first match of the season on August 19th against Newcastle United at the Etihad Stadium will be dedicated to Bert and the following activities will take place:

• A wreath laying ceremony will take place at 7pm, attended by 24 members of the Trautmann family
  • The matchday programme will have a 16 page Bert Trautmann pull out tribute feature and a reproduction of the 1956 FA Cup final programme
  • The first team squad will warm up in goalkeeping shirts with ‘Trautmann 1’ on the back and the shirts will subsequently be auctioned to benefit the Trautmann Foundation
  • The game will begin with a minute’s applause lead by goalkeepers from every Academy age group, alongside former City keeper Alex Williams and Bert’s great friend the former Arsenal and Scotland number one Bob Wilson
  • The players will wear black armbands during the match
  • Bob Wilson and Uwe Rosler will be live in City Square to share their memories of Bert
  • Bert’s sons, Mark and Stephen, will be presented on the pitch at half time

An announcement about a permanent memorial will be made in due course

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/August/Bert-Trautmann-tributes-at-the-Etihad

I will ask my son to go and get you one if you want to PM me your address and I will post it to you. I expect you to reimburse me when I arrive in Perth, something along the lines of a year's free chauffeuring me about to wherever I want to go should do it lol :wink:

I'm assuming that the City set up is similar to that of United where you can just rock along and buy one from one of the stands around the stadium, as we're not City supporters.

Anyone want anything United, let me know as that's where the son works lol.

MTT, that would be great , does your son live near the ground ,if not I should will out if they still sell them outside , I know they use to ........and of course if you need picking up from the airport then just ask , cold drinks supplied too.........thanks pal

Archived