Contributory parent visa

oldun

Morning all,

Does anyone know how long after issue of the PVC you have before you have to use it (ie emigrate).

cheers

You need to validate your visa, which you can do with a visit, by a certain date. This is normally one year after the date of the medical or police check, whichever is sooner.

You then have five years from the date of visa grant to settle in Australia during which you can come and go as you please. It is advisable, however, to move over within three years, as, after the five years are up, you may have problems if you want to leave Australia and are not a citizen. You normally need to get a Resident Return Visa and to get this you normally need to have spent at least 2 years in Australia. Hope this is clear.

You need to validate your visa, which you can do with a visit, by a certain date. This is normally one year after the date of the medical or police check, whichever is sooner.

You then have five years from the date of visa grant to settle in Australia during which you can come and go as you please. It is advisable, however, to move over within three years, as, after the five years are up, you may have problems if you want to leave Australia and are not a citizen. You normally need to get a Resident Return Visa and to get this you normally need to have spent at least 2 years in Australia. Hope this is clear.

Very many thanks Bridgeman, that is very clear. I had 1 year and 5 years in my mind from my own research, but not quite managed to 'connect the dots'. This explanation is perfect.

Have a great day. cheers.

Archived