Applying for the SS 190 visa, is it as easy as it seems?

flatpack

I have just gone through the online application for a SS 190 visa. 17 pages and all filled in within 45 minutes! Surely it cannot be that easy!

I had been using an agent who gave me the option of doing any stage myself. They helped me through my TRA but I did the EOI myself (very easy) and then I did my SS application myself (very easy). Initially I thought I'd have a look to see if I could do it and it was really easy so I thought I'd save the agents fees. Now I've gone through the full visa application and just think it's too easy for agents to want so much money for doing it.

The only question I was stuck on was should I fill in my partners work history in as we are not claiming any points for it, I still don't think it's relevant but I filled it in anyway!

What are every ones thought on this?

And for anyone that has gone it alone, when do they ask for proof of what I've claimed in the application? I've saved my application at the page where they want approx AU$5,500.00 as I want to double and triple check everything before I give them the money.

@ flatpack.

I have also done everything myself. From the IELTS to the skill assessment(TRA) and everything else. The only thing the agents do is check if everything is filled in correct. But all the grunt work, you will have to do yourself.

If you saved your application before doing the actual payment. Your visa application has not been submitted. After payment you can immediately log on to e-visa and upload all documents to proof the claims you made.

Skill Assesment 29 May 2013 - VIC Sponsorship 05 June 2013 - EOI submitted 06 June 2013 - Invitation 07 June 2013 - Visa Lodged 12 June 2013 - CO 25 July - PCC 03 August 2013 - Medical done 8 August - Medicals uploaded 16 August - Grant - Can't wait anymore.....

"Only thing I want for Christmas is to be in OZ"

I have filled out the visa application, paid my fee and I'm now uploading documents that they have asked for. Saving nearly £3K going it alone BUT if I balls it up then it'll be a £3.5k loss as I'll have to pay the visa fees again and the agents fees!

Wish me luck.

Archived