Is 60 Points Enough For 189 Visa? (I.T Occupations)

james007

Has anyone been invited with 60 points recently for 189 SkillsSelect and you are within I.T?

If so when did you apply and what is your occupation?

I know other trades have been accepted with 60 points but i dont know whether I.T allocations have an higher pass mark with most people having degrees.

Has anyone been invited with 60 points recently for 189 SkillsSelect and you are within I.T?

If so when did you apply and what is your occupation?

I know other trades have been accepted with 60 points but i dont know whether I.T allocations have an higher pass mark with most people having degrees.

I am not IT but I am not aware of a different points score for different occupations.

I am a teacher (we all have degrees) and you can apply with 60 points. I think however at 60, it may mean a longer wait to be invited to apply for a visa after you have completed your expression of interest as those with higher points are invited first. If you get a long wait, you may want to see whether there is any state sponsorship for your trade. This would get you an extra 5 points. I had 65 points and got my invite 4 days after eoi.

the other thing I would do is check out which occupations are likely to be removed from the list of eligible occupations. I may be wrong, but I think there were some IT related careers no longer in demand. This document is available on the diac website and I came across it after reading another thread on this forum. Will see if I can find it again and add a link.

I am not IT but I am not aware of a different points score for different occupations.

I am a teacher (we all have degrees) and you can apply with 60 points. I think however at 60, it may mean a longer wait to be invited to apply for a visa after you have completed your expression of interest as those with higher points are invited first. If you get a long wait, you may want to see whether there is any state sponsorship for your trade. This would get you an extra 5 points. I had 65 points and got my invite 4 days after eoi.

the other thing I would do is check out which occupations are likely to be removed from the list of eligible occupations. I may be wrong, but I think there were some IT related careers no longer in demand. This document is available on the diac website and I came across it after reading another thread on this forum. Will see if I can find it again and add a link.

Thanks for your information. I wanted the 189 visa so I can move to brisbane and move to where my friends are, as I will be moving on own.

I resit my english test next week so will try and get another 10 points from that. I know that its not only I.T occuapations which have degrees, I was just comparing it to trade people who dont need a degree who for example will have trade qualifications but gain 5 points less for not having one for example

My fall back option would be to get state sponsored but only NT ACT & VIC have my job on list. VIC would be prefered option. Does anyone know how long VIC SS takes?

Thanks

Archived