School Fee's Melbourne Suburbs

RNB31

Hi,

Can anyone share with me what the approx cost of state primary schools are a year in particularly in Point Cook. Not looking for private or Catholic fees

Would $300 a month cover 2 kids at Primary school for fee's, trips and uniforms and some after school clubs?

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

School fees vary on each school, but at the local schools you usually pay between $100 - $300 per year. Uniforms are expensive but if they are at junior school you don't usually need all the blazers etc.

Hi,

Can anyone share with me what the approx cost of state primary schools are a year in particularly in Point Cook. Not looking for private or Catholic fees

Would $300 a month cover 2 kids at Primary school for fee's, trips and uniforms and some after school clubs?

The short answer is yes. School fees and books no more than $1000 for the two of them - and probably not that much. Excursions are rare and not expensive. School camp say $150 per child (if they have them). Uniform is dearer than England but not really expensive. In a state school you will normally buy track pants, trainers etc from a discount store.

After school activity costs will depend on the activity of course, but i think your budget is OK. If you need before of after school child care the cost will be determined by your visa status.

Thanks

The short answer is yes. School fees and books no more than $1000 for the two of them - and probably not that much. Excursions are rare and not expensive. School camp say $150 per child (if they have them). Uniform is dearer than England but not really expensive. In a state school you will normally buy track pants, trainers etc from a discount store.

After school activity costs will depend on the activity of course, but i think your budget is OK. If you need before of after school child care the cost will be determined by your visa status.

At govt Primary School $500 per child is pretty fair estimate for 'fees' (aka"parental contribution") outings and incidentals. Uniform isnt dear in govt schools. You can generally get most of it off the peg in stores like Target.

Hi

Thanks, so from that info then my $300 a month would be a fine budget maybe not even as much over the course of the year, maybe $200-250 would give a bit of leeway if needed.

Another quick question is that I by no way want to depend on goverment hand outs and see this as an extra to put away for our kids, I know here in the UK that we get approx £81 a month for 1 child, most familys get this that both work on average salaries does Australia have a similar thing? Its not the care rebate etc its just if parents get a payment for similar?

Thanks

Archived