Rural/Agricultural work for 2nd year WHV. Melbourne, VIC.

Manchesto

Hi there! I'm Eric,

I was just reading a post on the forum concerning agricultural work (fruit/harvest) in VIC. I'm becoming frustrated when looking on google, as I have no idea what to search to get useful results.

I will contact some of the farms on the list provided, but I was wondering if any of you knew any other jobs in the eastern area of Melbourne? I am trying to get my 2nd year WHV due to meeting a girl (cliché I know), who lives in the eastern suburbs & would prefer if I could stay near her.

I have 5 months left on my current visa and so it would be ideal if I could organise my agricultural work ASAP.

Thank you very much for any possible help!

Try the flower nurseries in Monbulk and Seville hard work but in the area that you are looking for. Back in 1998 I just walked in at a nursery and had 6 month work out of it, at that time Emerald backpackers hostel had good contacts so maybe worth giving them a ring.

Just ring up as many working hostels as possible and ask if they have any work going. Or just stay in one until work comes in.

Does it have to be victoria. I stayed at Berri Backpackers in SA and it was probably the nicest backpackers i've ever been to and had work going. The girl can wait a couple of months while you sort out an extra year stay surely?

Archived