Offshore Spouse - Subclass 309 - First Phase

Amo

Hi there,

My husband is English, I am Australian - we have been together 3 years and married for 2. Just about to submit this application the first phase of the 309 (2 years temp) and have a few questions if anyone can help?

1. I have had most of the important docs certified by solicitor, birth certs/passports/marriage certs, bank statements etc.

but not 'supporting' things like cards, photos, travel tickets, letters in both names - these are just print outs or copies - is that ok?

2. We have 12 months bank statements each - is that enough financial evidence? Do we need payslips too? if so going back how far?

3. The last 'supporting' evidence which is - Nature of your commitment to each other - we haven't been seperate for longer than 5 days in 3 years - so do we need to provide phone records? and we don't have a will, so what can I use for this?? Our personal statement covers a lot of 'background' and 'combination of affairs' - so will this suffice?

Thanks in Advance anyone I'm exhausted from compiling this thing. should have got an agent to do it!

Hi there,

My husband is English, I am Australian - we have been together 3 years and married for 2. Just about to submit this application the first phase of the 309 (2 years temp) and have a few questions if anyone can help?

1. I have had most of the important docs certified by solicitor, birth certs/passports/marriage certs, bank statements etc.

but not 'supporting' things like cards, photos, travel tickets, letters in both names - these are just print outs or copies - is that ok?

2. We have 12 months bank statements each - is that enough financial evidence? Do we need payslips too? if so going back how far?

3. The last 'supporting' evidence which is - Nature of your commitment to each other - we haven't been seperate for longer than 5 days in 3 years - so do we need to provide phone records? and we don't have a will, so what can I use for this?? Our personal statement covers a lot of 'background' and 'combination of affairs' - so will this suffice?

Thanks in Advance anyone I'm exhausted from compiling this thing. should have got an agent to do it!

1 - that sounds fine. Tbh you didn't need bank statements certified. We sent in copies of bills, statements and so on. It's just the passports, BC's, marriage cert etc needs certifying.

2- yes I'd say but if you have a few more random dated ones to throw in it would be good. We submitted evidence covering about 7 years. Random bills etc from each year right up to application point. Not an entire years worth from the year leading up to the application.

My hubby provided me with 2 years worth of salary slips as the main earner to back up our other evidence.

3- it's just a written statement from each of you (one each, not a combined one). You don't include tickets etc with it. Just write what works for you. It's to show the nature of your relationship and past together and your plans for the future etc. I wrote a few pages of A4 typed, hubby wrote 6 or 7 pages by hand.

Thanks so much for your help! I have been through 3 UK visas, and I think the Aussie one is harder!

BTW I've just done a Banker's Draft in GBP for "Australian High Commission London", and going to paperclip it to the payment section - is this ok?

Thanks so much for your help! I have been through 3 UK visas, and I think the Aussie one is harder!

BTW I've just done a Banker's Draft in GBP for "Australian High Commission London", and going to paperclip it to the payment section - is this ok?

I have no idea. Is it listed as one of the payment methods on the forms?

Edited by Guest
removed line, wrong post

Hi All, how long does it take for this first phase, if the applicant is from high risk country??? any guess guys?

Depends on the country. Have you checked the Aus high commission website for that particular country? They usually give a good indication on there.

Some its well over a year, closer to 2.

Thanks Snifter, ya I have checked...they say it's 12 months....but they have never been as good as their words.

Be prepared for it to take longer. It is what it is, once you've applied its out of your hands. You just have to sit and wait. If they say 12 months, hopefully it will be that, but from a high risk country it may take longer so allow for that. You can only plan to travel once the visa is granted and all that, so its a case of waiting.