Sponsored or permanent - Points issue

Arbrodin

Hi, I was hoping to go for PR, however, when I looked at the self assessment for my points, due to my age etc, I only score 55points and I believe you need at least 60 points to apply. Do I try to go for a sponsored 457 visa which I have had positive communication about, or is there a way of gaining more points. I missed out on extra points from my IELTS due to getting a 7.5 in one area and above in all the others, I have seen posts saying I could do the basic IELTS instead of the academic one for immigration, but is this correct, this would give me an extra five points. I needed the academic test for my nursing, I am at the stage of having completed skill assessment and applying for registration.

would a sponsored visa be that much more of a risk, in a muddle really in what to do, advice appreciated. Paul

Yes you can do general test for IELTS, if you need 5 points you could consider getting state nomination and going for 190 visa, which has identical conditions as 189.

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply, can you live anywhere if you apply for state sponsorship, my sister lives just outside Manly and wants us to live with her and stay in that northern beaches area, dependant upon me getting work. Would this be possible to do? It is difficult to see on the sites I have looked at. Paul

Archived