Different qualification than work experience

mpatel

Hi,

I have skilled work experience in an Automotive occupation which is different from my recognized educational qualification. I have passed 1 year PPO (Plastic processing operator) course from the Government of India undertaking Industrial Training Institute which is recognized and accredited institution. I have following queries:

1) Can I get points for my recognized educational qualification which is completely different from my entire work experience in Automotive field?

2) Is there any compulsion or rule that, I should have a specific number of years study to get educational points? like atleast 2 years full time study to get 10 points.

3) My formal educational qualification is 1 year PPO (Plastic processing operator) course and there are no relevant occupations in either SOL or CSOL related to it. So can I get points even there are no occupations related to the course in SOL or CSOL?

4) As per SkillSelect website it is mentioned there that, "You may be able to receive points for a qualification that is not related to your nominated occupation. If the authority that conducts your skills assessment cannot give you an opinion about this qualification, contact Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services.". Hence I want to know that, do I compulsory required to apply for a Migration Points Advice from TRA to get educational qualification points? I have my skills assessment issued by TRA in the early 2007 under pathway D which was later removed from TRA in the year September 2007. It is also mentioned in the SkillSelect website to get 10 points that, "Documents that prove you have an award or qualification recognised by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation". But in my skills assessment it is not mentioned that, my educational qualification was recognised by TRA as it was assessed before 6 years.

5) Can I apply for a skilled visa without asking TRA for Migration Points Advice as my educational qualification is recognized and accredited by the Government of India and the awarding body is Government of India undertaking authority for any Trade certificate issuance in India?

I actually lost hope to get a visa for Australia as my automotive qualification can not recognized in Australia and I also posted a post in past to let you guys know that but suddenly while shuffling my documents I found that, OMG I have done a course in past before 16 years which can earn me points for educational qualification. Hence, I have found a ray of light that, yes there are still possibilities to fulfill my long term dream to settle in Australia.

I have already contacted a well-known MARA agent and paid his fees as well before 7 months but I was not answered properly from him and hence I am not thinking to hire services of any MARA agent for my current queries. I have also contacted him before sometime but he is now asking to pay more.

I would like to thank you all at the forum.

If you look at the points test you will see what points are available for academic qualifications like a diploma or a degree. No the diploma or degree or phd do not need to be related to the nominated occupation. However I am not sure that a one year course is going to be equivalent to any academic qualification that attracts points.

What occupation on the SOL/CSOL are you thinking of applying under?

If you look at the points test you will see what points are available for academic qualifications like a diploma or a degree. No the diploma or degree or phd do not need to be related to the nominated occupation. However I am not sure that a one year course is going to be equivalent to any academic qualification that attracts points.

What occupation on the SOL/CSOL are you thinking of applying under?

Hi Rupert,

Many thanks mate. I have seen a post here recently where an applicant got his skills assessment with NVQ level 2 and I found that it is one year course. Hence I think my one year course will be fine not sure though. But if I look in a broaden scenario then I can assume that, it should not be a problem (only one year course) because the institute through which I have passed the course is Government of India undertaking and it is only Government institute across all over India which is offering skilled trade courses formal education like Fitter, Welder, Electrician, A/C Mechanic, Instrument Mechanic, Electronic Equipment Mechanic and so on and many courses are for either one year or even for six months only i.e. Welder. Hence, if the DIAC consider other courses then it should consider my course as well.

I am Motor Mechanic by profession and I passed Diploma in Automobiles from a private unrecognized institute and lived in Australia for 18 months on SRS 475 visa but under influence of bad circumstances I did not lived there for long time and not applied for PR or 487 visa.

Thanks & Best regards.

Hi Rupert,

Many thanks mate. I have seen a post here recently where an applicant got his skills assessment with NVQ level 2 and I found that it is one year course. Hence I think my one year course will be fine not sure though. But if I look in a broaden scenario then I can assume that, it should not be a problem (only one year course) because the institute through which I have passed the course is Government of India undertaking and it is only Government institute across all over India which is offering skilled trade courses formal education like Fitter, Welder, Electrician, A/C Mechanic, Instrument Mechanic, Electronic Equipment Mechanic and so on and many courses are for either one year or even for six months only i.e. Welder. Hence, if the DIAC consider other courses then it should consider my course as well.

I am Motor Mechanic by profession and I passed Diploma in Automobiles from a private unrecognized institute and lived in Australia for 18 months on SRS 475 visa but under influence of bad circumstances I did not lived there for long time and not applied for PR or 487 visa.

Thanks & Best regards.

You need to separate skills assessment and getting points for the points test. You asked could you get points and that is the question I answered. There are no points for passing a skills assessment.