School based apprenticeships in Victoria

redleader

Hi,

Just wondered if anybody can give some info on these type of courses. My child will be entering OZ on a temp partner visa with his dad, which in my mind makes him ineligible for this type of training as I've read that you have to be a perm resident, or australian citizen to qualify - right? or wrong?

also, if he is eligible, are these courses part of the standard education system or are they few and far between? Would they incur fees?

Any help would be appreciated. :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

As a general rule, only Australian citizens and New Zealand citizens who have entered Australia on a valid passport, have unrestricted rights to apprenticeships and traineeships in Australia. Any other person wanting to participate in an apprenticeship or traineeship in Australia must have a visa allowing employment.The right to legal employment in Australia does not guarantee eligibility to participate in apprenticeships or traineeships; for example holders of a Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) are not eligible. To find out if your visa allows you to participate in apprenticeships or traineeships in Queensland, read the Citizenship, residency and visa (ATIS-010) information sheet or phone Apprenticeships Info on 1800 210 210.What career path are they looking at?

• 1 month later...
As a general rule, only Australian citizens and New Zealand citizens who have entered Australia on a valid passport, have unrestricted rights to apprenticeships and traineeships in Australia.
Any other person wanting to participate in an apprenticeship or traineeship in Australia must have a visa allowing employment.The right to legal employment in Australia does not guarantee eligibility to participate in apprenticeships or traineeships; for example holders of a Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) are not eligible. To find out if your visa allows you to participate in apprenticeships or traineeships in Queensland, read the Citizenship, residency and visa (ATIS-010) information sheet or phone Apprenticeships Info on 1800 210 210.What career path are they looking at?

Sorry for delay in replying! I would assume that if my son is going in on a temp visa which is part of his dads spouse visa, then this wouldnt allow him (my son) to work? They are looking at a TAFE college in VIC, which again, I think attracts international student fees due to him being on a temp visa.

Archived