189 visa medical in the uk

Slice

Hi I am currently waiting on being assigned a case officer and have been told to wait to book our medicals until were granted a co, can anyone tell me the cost of the medical and where you do it?? We are in central Scotland.

Also does anyone know the timescale between getting a co and being told to get the meds as everything else is in place, been waiting 10weeks to be assigned a co, its doing my head in.

Thanks

Welcome to PIO

You should get a CO very soon, as you should get one within 8 weeks of lodgement. Are you using a migration agent??

The only place that you can do medicals in Scotland is Shawfair Park, Spire Hospital in Edinburgh - Adult medical around £300, child £100.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Your CO will contact your agent directly to request the medicals and police checks.

You can get appointments at the Edinburgh clinic quickly, we did our medicals there, and police checks take about a week to get back.

You get 12 months from the earliest date of medicals or police checks to make first entry in to Australia to validate your visas, by waiting until they are requested will give you maximum time to validate your visas.

Thanks I never thought about that.

I know I can ask my visa bureau case worker but I was just wanting to hear from other people either going through it or that have done it, hopefully wont be long now.

Archived