Claiming 15 points for Qualification - Bachelor degree in computer science

Janak

Hi there,

I would like to apply for Australian visa (Subclass 190 or whatever is easiest).

I have done Bachelor's degree in Computer Science in India. So my question is: would I be able to claim 15 points for that qualification?

If yes, how would I prove my qualification to Immi. Would I be able to do it with ACS?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

When you apply to the ACS for skills assessment, they will require you to provide full details of your degree including Statements of academic record or a transcript showing all subjects studied and the marks or grades you received. If the ACS accepts your degree as being comparable to an Australian Computer Science degree, you should be able to claim 15 points for it.

Thanks Ozmaniac for your quick response.

So experience and qualification both will be counted in one same application to ACS, right?

When you apply to the ACS for skills assessment, they will require you to provide full details of your degree including Statements of academic record or a transcript showing all subjects studied and the marks or grades you received. If the ACS accepts your degree as being comparable to an Australian Computer Science degree, you should be able to claim 15 points for it.

As I understand it, DIAC will generally accept an assessment by the ACS that a degree is comparable to an Australian degree but they don't simply accept any assessment authority's judgement on work experience - they seem to check work experience claims again even when you have a separate statement from them on work experience.

As I understand it, DIAC will generally accept an assessment by the ACS that a degree is comparable to an Australian degree but they don't simply accept any assessment authority's judgement on work experience - they seem to check work experience claims again even when you have a separate statement from them on work experience.

Thanks for your reply.

So if I get positive degree assessment from ACS stating it is comparable to an Australian degree, I would be able to claim points for that, right?

Archived