Form 47SP enquiry

NikkiM

Hi there, trying to fill out form 47SP "application for migration to Australia by a partner" with my partner (he is applicant, me his sponsor) and stuck on question 4

"Are you or any person included in this application currently awaiting a decision on another visa application?"

The thing is we are living in London at the moment and before we had decided to move to Aus his student visa for the uk was due to expire, so therefore he has applied to extend it. At the moment he is still awaiting approval on that student visa( which he will withdraw if Aus 309/100 is granted) so enquiring if question 4 stated above is in regards to ANY visa he might be awaiting a result on or ONLY if its in regards to anotherAustralian one he may have already applied for?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello NikkiM,

I am in the same position as you, however I am the applicant and my partner is the sponsor. I don't know the right answer but if I was you I would just state in 'Part N' of the form exactly what you have said above. That way, you have been completely open and honest about your movements.

I am quite new to this so am I right in thinking that the 47SP form and 40SP form need to be completed together? One for my partner and one for me (the applicant)? Where do we send or hand the forms in? Many thanks in advance, Jenna.

Archived