Location when 309/100 is granted

NikkiM

Hi there!

I am an Aussie sponsoring my partner to apply for 309/100 hopefully by the end of this week (just waiting on our last stat dec to be posted from Aus)

we currently live together in London but I have to go home mid September as my visa will expire. I was under the impression he had to be in London (where we will lodge the application) when his visa is granted, but reading a few posts here it seems that he doesn't need to be where the application was lodged, simply NOT be in Australia, is that correct? That would make a huge difference for us as it would mean he could potentially travel to Aus on a tourist visa once he has finalised the application here and then return to Bangladesh (where he is originally from) and wait out the rest of the process there, obviously much closer to Aus than the uk and much easier for us both to travel to each other to visit!

So appreciative if anyone could clarify this for me :)

Sounds fine to me. Just so long as he informs his CO of his travel plans to Aus and Bangladesh and ensures they know where to contact him when visa is due to be granted.

Hi there!

I am an Aussie sponsoring my partner to apply for 309/100 hopefully by the end of this week (just waiting on our last stat dec to be posted from Aus)

we currently live together in London but I have to go home mid September as my visa will expire. I was under the impression he had to be in London (where we will lodge the application) when his visa is granted, but reading a few posts here it seems that he doesn't need to be where the application was lodged, simply NOT be in Australia, is that correct? That would make a huge difference for us as it would mean he could potentially travel to Aus on a tourist visa once he has finalised the application here and then return to Bangladesh (where he is originally from) and wait out the rest of the process there, obviously much closer to Aus than the uk and much easier for us both to travel to each other to visit!

So appreciative if anyone could clarify this for me :)

Outside Australia for the 309 grant, anywhere for the 100.

Archived