Leaving country to extend visa

Arjan

Hi there,

After 11 months of working on a WHV visa, it's finally time for me to start my travels around Australia. I will be going all the way up the Darwin. While I am in Darwin, On the 26th of August I'll be flying to Bali to request a holiday/tourist visa. I've booked a return flight from Darwin to Bali, because apparently you cannot enter Bali without a return or forward flight. However, my return flight won't be until 6 september, but my WHV visa is expiring 29th of august. Will this (not having a valid visa for the return date at the time of my flight towards bali) give me any trouble?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this is clear in my first post but, I actually want to get back to Australia to finish my travels for another month or 2. I just want to make sure that having a return flight, without a valid visa at the time of boarding the forward flight, won't be a problem. Because I am fairly confident I will be able to get a tourist/holiday visa for Australia, once I'm in Bali.

Hi there,

After 11 months of working on a WHV visa, it's finally time for me to start my travels around Australia. I will be going all the way up the Darwin. While I am in Darwin, On the 26th of August I'll be flying to Bali to request a holiday/tourist visa. I've booked a return flight from Darwin to Bali, because apparently you cannot enter Bali without a return or forward flight. However, my return flight won't be until 6 september, but my WHV visa is expiring 29th of august. Will this (not having a valid visa for the return date at the time of my flight towards bali) give me any trouble?

Thanks in advance!

what passport do you hold? i had a problem with this going to NZ in 2009. You need a return flight in nz too in order to get a tourist visa on a uk passport and return flight to oz is only ok if you currently hold a valid visa for the country where the flight terminates.

I solved the problem because the flig** centre may have given me a itinery with a return to the uk seamingly book :) when i had only actually booked sydney

good luck

Archived