Processing time on Partner Visa application 47SP?

ianmckeown

Hi,

I am looking to see if anyone has any further info on the processing times of partner visa applications at present.

I was surprised to hear from the immigration department that the times had increased to over 12 months for the first part of the process.

I need to know as this would leave me on a bridging visa for far longer than expected. Plus I need to ensure that I am not out of the country when it is granted. I don't want to take any risks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Guest GeorgeD

I'm assuming you are an Onshore application if you are talking about a bridging visa...the same form is actually used for both Onshore (820/801) and Offshore (309/100) applications.

The best resource for Onshore applications is this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/80286-onshore-partner-visa-application-time-frame.html

There have been the odd applications taking a couple of weeks. This is completely and utterly random and there is NOTHING you can do to make yours quick. Don't get worked up trying to figure out the magic, there is really no strategy to it. Most are being told 12 months, and they are taking that amount of time. Onshore has been at least 9 months for the last two-three years from memory. Work with the published timescale.

If you want to see details on Offshore applications, the best resource is this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

Offshore takes less time and costs less. The theory on the timescales being shorter is that if applicants are offshore then they are more likely to be apart so the visa is quicker. Onshore applicants are more likely to be together as their sponsor is already a PR/Citizen so is likely to be with them already.

Archived