Notifying Sponsoring State

Saika Anver

Hi

I need some help from you guys :)

My husband is the main applicant for Visa subclass 475, the sponsoring state is SA. We realized we need to change states because my hubby has got a Phd distance learning offer from Queensland University and he may need to go meet his supervisors etc. Plus my brother and sister also live in Brisbane and therefore my family and I will have some support there.

1) Is it ok if he accepts this Phd offer since the university is situated in the city? (He wont be attending any lectures)

2) In the case that we have to change states, how do we go about informing both the sponsoring state and the state we are planning to move to? Are there any forms to fill? What is the process??

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to PIO

You are on a 475 provisional visa - you have the condition on your visa that you must live and work in regional Australia. Since Brisbane is not classed as regional Australia, you are not able to live, work or study there.

How are you going to meet the requirements for the 887 visa if the main applicant is studying??

[h=2]Living in a Specified Regional Area of Australia[/h] You and any accompanying secondary applicants, must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.

If you are nominated by a state or territory government, you need to agree to:

• remain in the state or territory for a period of at least two years
  • keep the state or territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
  • be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

See: Specified Regional Areas

Note: The main applicant can study while they hold this visa, however they are expected to be looking for, and engaging in, full time work. Any study should be incidental to full time work.

[h=2]Meeting these conditions[/h] If you do not comply with the conditions of your visa:

• your visa, and the visas of any accompanying secondary applicants, may be cancelled
  • you will not be in a position to apply for another Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa
  • you will not be in a position to apply for permanent residence.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/obligations-applicant.htm

Welcome to PIO

You are on a 475 provisional visa - you have the condition on your visa that you must live and work in regional Australia. Since Brisbane is not classed as regional Australia, you are not able to live, work or study there.

How are you going to meet the requirements for the 887 visa if the main applicant is studying??

Living in a Specified Regional Area of Australia

You and any accompanying secondary applicants, must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.

If you are nominated by a state or territory government, you need to agree to:

• remain in the state or territory for a period of at least two years

• keep the state or territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival

• be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

See: Specified Regional Areas

Note: The main applicant can study while they hold this visa, however they are expected to be looking for, and engaging in, full time work. Any study should be incidental to full time work.

Meeting these conditions

If you do not comply with the conditions of your visa:

• your visa, and the visas of any accompanying secondary applicants, may be cancelled

• you will not be in a position to apply for another Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa

• you will not be in a position to apply for permanent residence.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/obligations-applicant.htm

Hey, thanks a lot for your kind reply.

We plan to find a place in regional Queensland, not Brisbane. Also hubby will be studying part time (distance mode/online). Both he and I will be working full time in a regional area and my kids will school in the regional area.

How do I go about informing both the states of change in plan?

Thanks a million :)

Archived