487 visa

Hey, I'm just wondering has anyone any previous experience with this.

I am currently on a 487 visa (regional state sponsorship) I have lived in a specific area for two years and worked for over one year as required.

I am now in the process of applying for my pr. I have rang immigration in relation to my pr application twice in the last week. One person I spoke to told me I had to continue working and living in a specified regional area until my pr was granted approx six months from now. The other person I spoke to today told me once I have done the required two years living etc. and can prove it I can now live and work where I please because I have fulfilled my obligation.

Just wondering has anyone else been in the same boat. As I have been misinformed by immigration previously.

Cheers Chris.

Hey, I'm just wondering has anyone any previous experience with this.

I am currently on a 487 visa (regional state sponsorship) I have lived in a specific area for two years and worked for over one year as required.

I am now in the process of applying for my pr. I have rang immigration in relation to my pr application twice in the last week. One person I spoke to told me I had to continue working and living in a specified regional area until my pr was granted approx six months from now. The other person I spoke to today told me once I have done the required two years living etc. and can prove it I can now live and work where I please because I have fulfilled my obligation.

Just wondering has anyone else been in the same boat. As I have been misinformed by immigration previously.

Cheers Chris.

Your visa only permits you to live and work in a regional area, therefore you need to do this until you get a visa that permits you to live and work where you please.

The conditions of your visa do not say you have to work for two years in a regional area, that is simply the qualifying criteria to apply for the permanent stage. Your visa conditions mean you need to stay out for now.

Your visa only permits you to live and work in a regional area, therefore you need to do this until you get a visa that permits you to live and work where you please.

The conditions of your visa do not say you have to work for two years in a regional area, that is simply the qualifying criteria to apply for the permanent stage. Your visa conditions mean you need to stay out for now.

Cheers mate thanks for that. It's just hard to know when you are getting conflicting responses from immigration.