drinking the night before medical

audre

Hello PIO

This might be a silly question but: I have my medical (partner visa) booked the day after a big staff party at my work. now, considering the tests (blood, urine etc), should I avoid alcohol altogether or can I drink a few? clearly, I would like to enjoy myself but the visa medical is more important than a few glasses of wine or beer. Does drinking in any way affect the tests? Anything I should particularly avoid?

I am reluctant to postpone the medical because of the staff party as I'd like to have it done asap...

Thanks for your answers :twitcy:

Hello PIO

This might be a silly question but: I have my medical (partner visa) booked the day after a big staff party at my work. now, considering the tests (blood, urine etc), should I avoid alcohol altogether or can I drink a few? clearly, I would like to enjoy myself but the visa medical is more important than a few glasses of wine or beer. Does drinking in any way affect the tests? Anything I should particularly avoid?

I am reluctant to postpone the medical because of the staff party as I'd like to have it done asap...

Thanks for your answers :twitcy:

No I am sure you could have a few without it affecting your medical as long as you don't get **** faced, alternatively if you are worried just don't have a drink for he night.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I have just had blood tests for a number of things and alcohol levels were one of them, but it was specifically requested by my GP. I don't think they test you for this on your visa blood test, but just have a few pints of beer, it should affect anything. Can't you ring them up and check whether the blood test checks alcohol levels? Best of luck.

you will be fine, like Andy says don't go daft ..........I use to get breathalysed every morning at 6am and always have a good drink every night , never showed over as I always eat after and drink plenty of water ...........be honest with them too and tbh the Aussies love there drink ,its part off life here .........:biggrin:..hope this helps and have a few for me pal ..........Good luck , which medical centre are you using as if its the Manchester one then we have a good inside contact and he ticks the boxes ....:wink: how do you think I got in , I should have been put down .!!!!

Archived