travel insurance eek

k8bug79

Hi we start our month long journey to Oz next week. we are driving to france, staying there for a bit then flying out from paris. we have a bank account with travel and car breakdown insurance included so we thought we would be covered. but jus called them and no they won't. which i think is a bit ridiclous as if we are only really using it to protect our flights what difference does it make froma holiday, fair enough re medical care out there. i think we can wing breakdown insurance as it's uk cover and they have no reason/ way of knowing why/ where we driving. we were tben getting temporary european insurance to cover the rest of he drive.

but'm wondering if all travel insurance co's wil be as diffcult. any have any recomendations / experience? only wantto cover or flights in case someone gets ill.

• 3 weeks later...
Which part are they questioning? The one way part?

tbh i'm not sure, they just said it wouldn't cover it. i can understand it being void re medical expenses as otherwise i could use it indefinitely in Oz but can't see why they won't cover me until the moment my visa is validated as until that point i'm a UK resident