Need Advice for HR Advisor Profile

sai

I am new to this forum. I need your thoughts on this please-I am planning to migrate under sub-class 190(HR advisor)Got my IELTS results today (L-8.5, R-7, W-6.5, S-6.5) and planning to start the Skill assessment soon. Now here's my confusion- I am an HR professional since last 3 years now. I worked as a Team Administrator (In admin.) for a team of 60 Engineers for the first 2 years in the same company so 5 years in total.While in HR function, I was an HR generalist and In Admin my profile was more or less like a dedicated Admin cum HR (working on Training and development, Maintaining Personnel records, grievance management etc)I score 55 if I say I have 3 years in HR but if I include other 2 years while I was an Admin Support, it with add up 5 more and becomes 60 which eventually makes me eligible to apply.I have a Post Graduate Diploma in HRM and a Bachelor's in Business Administration.Earlier I thought I can cover up in IELTS and atleast will become 60+ but this score doesn't help me with any points.I am in Dilemma..Shall I go ahead with claiming 5 years in HR (getting 10 points there which is right now 5 in its purely 3 years HR and Admin part not included)..My agent suggested to go ahead with it since Admin or HR doesn't matter till the time its HR roles n responsibilities provided my employer supports me during internal checks.What do you guys have to say,Please advice I am really tensed since I got to know my IELTS results this morning.Sai

Edited by sai

Hi sai

im in the process of applying under HR Advisor too. You need exoerience as close to the criteria as possible POST qualification. I'm awaiting skills assessment outcome but I have 10 years in total and just over 5 post qualification. I'm hoping I get maximum points for that. What state are you applying for? What do you mean 55 points?? I've looked at points needed through skills select website. I need at least 7 in ielts to claim points. Got my test next week.

• 5 years later...