help we need advice on visas!!!!!

Guest amandabif

Guest amandabif

Hi I'm here again! I have posted 2 threads but not had many replies.

My partner and I are desperate to leave the UK for a better life in OZ with our two girls.We run our own Fish and Chip shop and have done so for the past 14 years.However we now want to have a more relaxed lifestyle and more quality time with our girls who are 6 and 10 before they grow up.The problem we have though is that although we are successfull in our business it does not give us a trade as such for a visa! We don't really want another business and the only other route we could take is as a student learning a new trade in OZ but we are not sure about this? My partner Lee wants to retrain in another trade,either Bricklaying or as an Electrician. If he were to do that in the UK how much experince would he need before we could apply ? I would also like to retrain in another prof.ession that would fit in with girls and school. Any advice would be welcome!!!!!:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Amanda

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I don't think anyone is deliberately ignoring you, chooks. We're all just hoping that somebody else knows the answers to your questions and can help you. I certainly don't kow enough to be able to attempt to advise you.

I would suggest that you telephone Go Matilda in Southampton and also Ian Harrop & Assictaes near Oxford. Both firms would be happy to give you 15 or so minutes on the phone at no cost and no obligation on your part to hire them.

At this stage, your best option by far would be to get some initial advice from some expects, I think.

The links are here:

Registered Australian Migration Agents, UK - Ian Harrop and Associates

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Best wishes

Gill

Archived