banks in oz

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

hi guys me again .

can any one tell me if there is a lloyds TSB bank in new south wales, or if there are any banks in contact with the TSB. We have been with them since leaving school, and would like to stay with them if we can. Or if not can anyone recoomend a good bank to transfer part of our money when we get there,and can we set uo a bank account from over here.

sorry for waffling on,but any info would be great .

love nic x:notworthy:

We set up our accounts with Westpac before we came over, but think they are WA based only, then just had to formally id ourselves when we arrived (provide passport/visa). Commonwealth Bank are in London apparently and you can set up accounts from the UK before you travel and they are a big bank over here.

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi Nic,

Can't say I've seen a TSB. The main banks here are Westpac, Commonwealth, AnZ there's a few others I can't think of right now. We used an Exchange Company called HiFX to transfer our money to Oz, using them you can open up a Westpac account in the UK before you go, you need to then put some money in the account within 30 days and transfer your money over when your're ready. HiFX say their exchange rates are better than UK banks rate. - haven't checked lately though

Liz

Guest FamFive

Hi Nici

We have just opened a Westpac account here and collect our banks cards once there and showed our passports. We also transferred a small amount into it which we did via our bank here (Lloyds TSB) yet another thing in common lol

And LLoyds rate was much better than HIFIX - we do have an account with HIFIX and not used them as yet due to LLoyds being a better rate and low charges.

Here is Westpac's link inc savings account

Westpac Internet -Debit MasterCard

Ellie

:wubclub:

hi guys me again .

can any one tell me if there is a lloyds TSB bank in new south wales, or if there are any banks in contact with the TSB. We have been with them since leaving school, and would like to stay with them if we can. Or if not can anyone recoomend a good bank to transfer part of our money when we get there,and can we set uo a bank account from over here.

sorry for waffling on,but any info would be great .

love nic x:notworthy:

Hi Nic, Arent you the lady thats coming Terrigal way = if not ignore this reply.

Here in terrigal we have a westpac - commonwealth - national and five mins in the car at the shopping center there is many more including st george - anz

cheers

gizmo

yes gizmo.

we are coming your way eventually lol.

thanks for the local knowledge on the banks front.also looking a housing and jobs in the vicinity too.

love nic x:jiggy:

Archived