Visa application, lodgement and case officer?

HaroonRauf

I submitted my visa application for 189 last week on 11 June, Today is 20 Jun. In the visa application online page it shows status 'in progress'. Does this mean application has now been successfully launched? I heard you are allotted a case officer, but I have heard nothing from DIAC as yet. I have started uploading scanned copies of attested documents. Will they need hard copy by post too?

Also, for character certificate it is to be done when advised by them, but what about medical? Should I get it done now or wait until they advise me to?

Yes it means application is successfully launched. Visa officer will only contact you if he needs more information or when he is ready to ask you for the Character Certificate and medicals. There is no use of doing medicals now just wait for visa officer to contact you.

Cheers

Yes it means application is successfully launched. Visa officer will only contact you if he needs more information or when he is ready to ask you for the Character Certificate and medicals. There is no use of doing medicals now just wait for visa officer to contact you.

Cheers

Hey thanks!

What about documents? Are scanned copies attached on the site enough or do we need to send hard copies? (I was slightly confused when they required 'attested' copies to be provided. If its a scanned copy to be uploaded, can't it be the scanned of the original, why a scan of the attested copy of original?)

Archived