Carpentry jobs in Melbourne, yet again!!!

Wooky

Hey guys

I'm an Aussie citizen(born in the UK so qualify to post on here, I think!) who just moved back after 25 years working as a chippy in London. Applied for everything I can find online and registered with every agency I can see. Result so far is one phone call from a Scottish agent who had no work, think he was bored!!

Anyway, anybody know where else to look? I went for a drive the other day around some sites, managed to dig up one lonely chippy who was far from upbeat. I've always sub-contracted in the UK so I'm going to have a go at that here. Anybody know who might be building at the moment and how to get some work off them? I did my white card course the other day and there have apparently been a lot of estate agents doing it lately which could mean there are some developments starting soon, anybody in the know able to tell me where to look? Any tips greatly appreciated, climbing the walls!!!

Doing a traffic control course on Friday, see if anything comes from that and would also appreciate it if anyone knows ANY industry or agency that may be hiring. Many thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hi Wooky, just read your post. Did you get sorted in the end?

We have just moved to Geelong area and hubby is finding it extremely difficult to get chippie work. Despite phoning the builders named on the large housing sites going up they don't seem to pass on any details and it's really hard to get into any work going - despite there being massive housing developments locally. He has been given some tatty labouring jobs but hardly ever gets a sniff at proper carpentry work and some weeks is only getting one days work.

We are really struggling now.

Hope all went okay for you

Archived