457 Visa Extension

I know things can change but was wondering if anyone had a applied for an extension on their 457, we don't think we will be eligible for PR due to my husbands age and not having all the paperwork for the skills assessment, we've been here for 6 months and have got a 4 year visa his company are happy for him to stay and would willingly sponsor him, have spoken to an agent who suggested an extension and just asking if anyone has been in this sort of position as at the moment we'd like to stay for a while longer, would like to see how difficult it might be.

This site is a font of knowledge and personal experience so maybe someone has had a similar situation.

Thanks

Debbie

No such thing as 457 extension, once 457 expires the company can apply for new 457 visa and meet the criteria at the time. You can have as many 457 as you want.

I didn't know that you can have more that 1 457. I thought that once the contract is up (if it spans 4 years) then that was that! So theoretically, are you saying that you could actually be in Australia for more than 4 yeas as long as you meet the requirement of a new 457?

I didn't know that you can have more that 1 457. I thought that once the contract is up (if it spans 4 years) then that was that! So theoretically, are you saying that you could actually be in Australia for more than 4 yeas as long as you meet the requirement of a new 457?

Yes...

Archived