Skills Assessment and experience

Saviola

Howdi,

Thanks to the forum my partner and I are on our way to getting our visa, well still a lot to do :). My girlfriend is the primary applicant and she will be applying under Child Care Centre Manager (134111) and having her skills assessed by TRA.

My query is, she has been doing the job for 8 years (2 yrs deputy manager and 6 yrs manager) now but she passed her degree only 4 years ago. How many years can she claim as experience, or will TRA tell us that? I would have thought 8, but we were told at an Immigration seminar it would only be 4.#

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks

Saviola

DIAC are sometimes quite strict that it requires to be post qualification work experiance, therefore only 4 years, but in case for points purposes it would be 3 years. It is risky to try to claim pre-qualification work experience, from what you have posted likely only the 6 years as manager. People have been refused for visas as DIAC have not accepted pre qualification work experience. If you require the extra points consider 190 visa or getting maximum points for IELTS.

Archived