Recruitment agencies for the water industry

Foxdown

Can anyone recommend any recruitment agencies in Australia that deal with work in the water industry (e.g. those that deal with Melbourne Water, Yarra Valley Water, Gippsland Water, South East Water, City West Water etc etc). My OH is in Melbourne, with a visa and is currently looking for work. It would be very helpful to know which agencies deal specifically with water recruitment. My OH was a Water Treatment Technician for Thames Water in the UK and is looking for something similar in Oz. Many thanks.

The jobs for Melbourne Water are usually advertised on their web site. Also you can just contact them and ask, it will depend what your husband's occupation is. Melbourne Water these days does not employ anywhere near the number of people who used to be employed as they use contract labour to do all their work, i e Transfield, Kilpatrick Green etc. My oh worked in the industry for a long long time and he had a marine engineering background which is what they wanted at that time. Water treatment people were employed by Melbourne Water but after the Kennett years a lot of people transferred to new companies which set up with the shake up in employment so its these companies that you need to be looking at.

Skilled Engineering is a labour hire agency where a lot of people do get contract jobs in the water industry. They will also have the information about who does what.

Its a fragmented area these days, once it was just one governement instrumentality now its many and separate so its hard to know where to look.

However on Wednesdays and Saturdays in the AGE newspaper is where the jobs for the water boards are usually advertised and then you can look at their sites.

Good luck

Archived