Water/Waste water treatment technician job

Foxdown

Hi, My OH and I emigrated to Melbourne 6 months ago on a 175 visa (basically it means we can work for anyone, anywhere, doing anything). In the UK he was a Water Treatment Technician (involving working on reservoirs, fixing leaks, manual handling and adding chemicals to the water etc) adding chefor Thames Water and is looking for similar work here for a company like Melbourne Water, South East Water, Yarra Valley Water, East Gippsland Water, Goulburn Valley Water etc. However, he is really struggling to find work and has applied for over 60 jobs without success. We have rung for feedback from the employers which has been helpful but despite making any changes they suggest to his CV it still hasn't helped him get a job. I was hoping someone may be able to give us some tips on what we could do to improve his job prospects or other companies he could work for. Thanks.

Guest The Pom Queen

A relative of mine is in the same line of work and has been trying for 3 years without success. The only thing I could suggest is look rural. I'm presuming its sponsorship you need, if not you may have more luck.

Archived