Quick CV question

Hi everyone

I have a quick CV question. I have tried to contact my recruitment agencies but everyone who I normally deal with is out of the office at the moment and I need a reply pretty quickly. I have found a job I want to apply for, and it suits my work history - I have worked in a fairly similar role in the UK, with my most recent employer, for 3 years, although completely different industry. My problem is my CV. In the past 11 years I have held 10 day jobs (more if you count part time bar work etc which I did as a 2nd job). I have had two jobs in which I was in 3 and 4 years respectively. But I have another couple of years where I had chopped and changed quite a few times, some I was only in for 2 or 3 months. I got made redundant unfortunately from 3 jobs when the credit crunch hit. I quit one job as one of the directors was bullying colleagues (it was pretty bad and a few people walked out, one person up and left at lunch time and never came back!) and I didn't want to be part of it (I made an excuse for leaving the company and left on good terms), the next job I got I was bullied by one of the directors myself, and got out of there after 2 months (I could have taken it further but I decided I didn't want to bother, and I did get a good reference at the time from the other director who was pretty embarrassed). One job was a temp role I did to help out a previous employer, and two I left because, I was, well, cr*p at them, they were corporate and not for me.

I am aware that having too many jobs on my CV looks rubbish, so I have in the past left out some of the smaller short term roles. However this job I want to go for is all about integrity and honesty etc etc so I don't want to look like I am hiding my past, plus apparently they do background checks so I don't want to leave anything out and look bad later. I would in any other circumstance only put my past 5 years work history on my CV in that case, however one of my main referrees was my employer 10 years ago who I was with for 4 years, and his reference is glowing. I don't want to omit working for him all those years ago, and then offer him as a referee. I am restricted with referees as many of them are no longer operating, or I wasn't with them very long so I don't think they can really highlight my skills the way this employer (and my most recent one can), and I will probably need three.

I need to get the application in today. Any suggestions?

Archived