Vetassess Electrician's Practical Exam.

Guest seandel

On 18/05/2013 at 16:56, seandel said:

I almost forgot, there's a DOL starter that you have to draw, and name the parts, and then cable it with banana plugs.

The examiner will tell you to turn around, and he'll put on a fault. Up to you to find it. Practice this also.

Again, learn the disconnect-reconnect by heart, and practice it on a bit of gear.

The written exam is mostly Ohm's law, and the likes. Read the questions carefully.

One that almost caught me was, doubling the voltage to a circuit multiplies the power by 2,3,4, or 8.

There are questions on capacitance, reactance, resistance, but all the formulas were on the back page.

Good luck.

Is there any drawings of the dol starter on here (like they want it done)? Theres hundreds online, but a little confusing

Edited by Milohannah

On 20/05/2019 at 01:18, Milohannah said:

Is there any drawings of the dol starter on here (like they want it done)? Theres hundreds online, but a little confusing

Defiantly but you’d have to search. It’s fairly easy through N/O start switch too the coil of relay A1, from active side of start switch too Aux in on the contractor and out the other side too A1 also. 

Put em stops in series before start switch. Neutral into a2 or another phase if there’s no neutral (think that’s right looking at the drawings online seems weird though ha). Something like that it’s a while since I did it but if you think how it works you can do it other ways. 

Basically because it’s a push button you need the aux on the contractor it pulls in with the 3p of the contractor and feeds back to the coil, if you just went from the start switch too the coil only you’d have too hold your finger on the button whenever you wanted the motor too run. Then the ems are normally closed and before the switch too cut the power.  

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, over it said:

Defiantly but you’d have to search. It’s fairly easy through N/O start switch too the coil of relay A1, from active side of start switch too Aux in on the contractor and out the other side too A1 also. 

Put em stops in series before start switch. Neutral into a2 or another phase if there’s no neutral (think that’s right looking at the drawings online seems weird though ha). Something like that it’s a while since I did it but if you think how it works you can do it other ways. 

Basically because it’s a push button you need the aux on the contractor it pulls in with the 3p of the contractor and feeds back to the coil, if you just went from the start switch too the coil only you’d have too hold your finger on the button whenever you wanted the motor too run. Then the ems are normally closed and before the switch too cut the power.  

Thanks for your reply.

I actually noticed this message as i came out of the exam funnily enough. i figured it out and as it turns out, pretty straight forward.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• 2 months later...
On 17/09/2015 at 14:38, Aaronspark said:

Got some stuff I can email to help you out Geezy. Won't get time for next couple of days as we're flying to Oz on Saturday and getting last bits sorted. Send me your email adrs and I'll get some stuff sent over that I've sent other lads going for the test. One thing I would say is try not to worry about it. Easier said than done, but it really isn't that difficult. Ppl do fail on the motor connections and safe isolation, but think that's nerves more than anything.

Hi there know some time has passed from this forum..but would appreciate some advice and any materials you may still have to help on the test.

Regards

Wayde

waydeross@gmail.com

• 6 months later...
On 14/03/2016 at 19:11, Liam13 said:

I have a future skills practice paper.. Send me your email addressing you want a PDF of it

Hi Liam , 

would you still have that practice paper ?

doing my exam in March, would be good to get an idea of what kind of questions are asked 

cheers

stiofanmac87@yahoo.com

• 5 months later...
On 19/08/2019 at 18:23, waydeross87 said:

Hi there know some time has passed from this forum..but would appreciate some advice and any materials you may still have to help on the test.

Regards

Wayde

waydeross@gmail.com

please send me the materials if you have, my test is in this month.pleaseeeee...

harsimran.singh012@gmail.com

• 2 years later...