Victoria SS

Bimbobread

Hello! We are just awaiting my skills assessment outcome from AITSL. Does the process of SS depend on your skill area or is it 12 weeks standard? Anybody been through the process recently? It looks as though my skills assessment is going to take the whole 12- 14 weeks. But I thought I'd look into the next step in advance! Thanks :)

We applied for SS last year in my husbands occupation of engineering technologist and it took 19 weeks for a positive outcome, our agent told us because it wasn't a popular occupation the panel didn't get together very often to assess. So I guess if you have a popular occupation it will be assessed more quickly because they get together more often.

Ah thanks that's good to know! I'm a secondary school teacher which is on Victoria's shortage list so maybe it'll come through quicker! Fingers crossed!

I love your picture are you taking your cat with you?

We have 2 and a dog!!

:)

We arrived 5 weeks ago and yes we brought our cat with us, was a bit traumatic for him but he's a sensitive cat anyway!! He's settling now after a few weeks of hiding under the bed!!

If you are using a pet shipping company I can recommend Pet Air, they were great.

I'm keeping him in at the moment because the cottage we are staying in is in the countryside and I think he would get lost, we are moving in to our long term rental when our stuff arrives in the next few weeks. Then I will keep him in for a few weeks and then decide whether he can go out or not. He was in quarantine for 30 days.

We are settling nicely thank you, although I can't wait to move in to our house and have familiar things around us.

​Where are you thinking of settling when you come over? Or have you not got that far yet??

Yeah I can imagine! When ur belongings arrive it'll be so nice! We have family in Melbourne and on the Mornington Peninsular but I guess it depends where we can find work!

where ru guys we've travelled a lot of Victoria but ideally we'd like to be by the sea!

We are in Berwick. We initially wanted to be by the sea but it wasn't really ideal for where my hubby works. We are used to ocean beaches and waves and the bayside beaches are not like that so we decided that it wasn't worth the extra money for rent there. We just drive to a beach at the weekend if we want to see the sea!!

The weather hasn't been great recently though :(

Archived