UK Armed Forces to Australian Defence Force

Hi all.

Has anybody looked into a transfer to the oz defence force? I'm pondering the move I've done 18 years!! If I decide to go what happens to my pension or is it worth stayin in for that 4 more years??

​cheers

Hi all.

Has anybody looked into a transfer to the oz defence force? I'm pondering the move I've done 18 years!! If I decide to go what happens to my pension or is it worth stayin in for that 4 more years??

​cheers

There is a thread here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/52665-transferring-r-n-r-n-royal-navy-royal-australian-navy.html which is all about transferring RN to RAN. WE are off on 22/08/13 transferring RN to RAN. The link above will have lots of info and may help you.

Good Luck with your decision, any questions feel free to pm me if I can help I will :)

Financially, almost certainly. That 4 years makes a big difference here, doesn't it!? You cannot 'merge' your accrued pension from UK Armed Forces, plc into the Aus Mil scheme. Get accurate statements for 18 and 22 years and decide if the way of life is worth the drop in pension income. Remember, under the AFPS75 scheme (or are you AFPS 05?) an immediate pension index links at 55 years of age. Tax has to be paid on it in one or the other country as per a Memorandum of Understanding between the 2 countries!

I've applied myself and am due to start claiming my immediate pension in Apr '16 after 18.5 years.

Hi I'm on AFPS 75. I think it's worth staying in the las 4 years then transferring over their! To be fair the Expresion of interest that I have put in is for 2014 then a year together out of the RAF. Only leaves me 2 years! Cheers

Archived