189 Visa - medicals and police checks

Hi,

We lodged our application for our 189 on Sunday. Everything we read on DIAC's website seems to suggest that, once we are assigned a case officer, they will advise us when to arrange our medicals and police checks.

Would it work out quicker for us to arrange these prior to being assigned a case officer? Does the company who carries out the medicals upload the results directly?

Thanks,

The Reids

Hi,

We lodged our application for our 189 on Sunday. Everything we read on DIAC's website seems to suggest that, once we are assigned a case officer, they will advise us when to arrange our medicals and police checks.

Would it work out quicker for us to arrange these prior to being assigned a case officer? Does the company who carries out the medicals upload the results directly?

Thanks,

The Reids

If you just lodged and paid for your visa when you log back in there should be a link to complete the forms for your Medicals and select the centre you want to do them at. Once the forms are completed you will receive an electronic letter and can then book your Medicals with the centre you selected.

It would work out quicker to do them before you are allocated a case officer although there is a risk your case officer is allocated much later and this reduces the time you will have to validate your visa. Although recently case officers have been allocated much quicker than the 10 weeks advertised. We were allocated ours after 26 days and if we had completed our meds and pccs and front loaded them I think we would have our visa by now. So it's up to you.

Good luck!

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lou8670

We waited for a case officer before sending off for the Police Checks and booking medicals both because we are not in a great hurry but also as I read that it would be ten weeks from applying to getting a CO assigned.

In the event however we got a CO assigned after about five weeks so with hindsight I would have perhaps booked them both much sooner. Either way the only effect I can see is on the timescales of your visa processing so the decision is up to you.

The only thing to take into account really is that your visas once granted will need to be validated within one year of the date on you PCC or your meds, whichever is earliest. Also there are some posts that I've read where the OP has uploaded everything without being asked and the CO has been assigned, and then simply gone thorough all the evidence and made the visa decision without contacting the applicant. Basically if they have everything they need then they won't always contact you, there's no official email introducing themselves or anything like that. It all depends on the individual applicant really and if you think there's any reason your meds may be referred as this will slow things down a bit.