Marriage certificate for 190 pr visa

MateCanberra

Hi All,

I am from INDIA, got ACT SS and am in the process of applying for 190 PR VISA :biggrin:

Thers a big confusion regarding my marriage certificate.

I got married last year but my wife is not accompanying me now and have plans to come after an year as i want to get settled there first and then call her.

I dont have marriage certificate and it will take long time to get it:arghh:

In EOI i have mentioned my status as married.

If the CO requests for Marriage certificate can i reply him that since my wife is staying back and not coming with me now so will provide certificate later??

OR since i am married i have to certainly produce my certificate even if i go alone??

Also is there any thing else like photos which i can produce as a proof.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance!! :cute:

You need to provide them your Marriage Certificate. Coming onto the point when do you want her to come to Australia is totally your call. You have 28 days to upload all the docs and the Marriage Certificate will take only a week !

​If you need her Visa, provide them the certificate, or else there will be lots of harassment for you guys later on. Good Luck. When did you filed your Visa ?

Hi All,

I am from INDIA, got ACT SS and am in the process of applying for 190 PR VISA :biggrin:

Thers a big confusion regarding my marriage certificate.

I got married last year but my wife is not accompanying me now and have plans to come after an year as i want to get settled there first and then call her.

I dont have marriage certificate and it will take long time to get it:arghh:

In EOI i have mentioned my status as married.

If the CO requests for Marriage certificate can i reply him that since my wife is staying back and not coming with me now so will provide certificate later??

OR since i am married i have to certainly produce my certificate even if i go alone??

Also is there any thing else like photos which i can produce as a proof.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance!! :cute:

You have to be able to prove everything that you claim in your application regardless of whether the family members mentioned are migrating or not, or whether they will be migrating at a later date.

That means you will have to provide official documentary evidence of your marriage. DIAC do understand that some countries take longer to produce official records than others, and your CO will usually be understanding and extend the deadline for providing evidence. The only acceptable proof of marriage will be your marriage certificate, or it's equivalent in your country.

Archived