Broken Hill

Guest asylon

OK so it's the back of beyond of NSW but the train stops there and it's worth a look.

It's certainly "real" Australia. Dirty great zinc mine you can go down and dress up in overalls and head torch, some very dodgy pubs and, strangely, some brilliant art galleries.

And Silverton is just up the road, more artists, another dodgy pub and it's where they filmed Mad Max, there's a replica of Max's car outside the pub.

I loved it there.

Ax

• 1 month later...
Guest TheBrowningFamily
OK so it's the back of beyond of NSW but the train stops there and it's worth a look.

It's certainly "real" Australia. Dirty great zinc mine you can go down and dress up in overalls and head torch, some very dodgy pubs and, strangely, some brilliant art galleries.

And Silverton is just up the road, more artists, another dodgy pub and it's where they filmed Mad Max, there's a replica of Max's car outside the pub.

I loved it there.

Ax

Plan to go there at some stage, just trying to persude Mr B it's worth using some of his holiday on!! I only really want to go there as there was a village called Silverton a mile from where we lived in the UK where we used to go and get pissed when teenagers! Thought it would be a laugh!

Archived