263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer Or 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer?

A5259

Hi All,

I m very new to this forum and seeking advise from people who have already experienced similar situations with ACS.I m a Network engineer with 4.8 years experience Cisco VoIP domain, Escalation Support Engineer who involves mostly into Support ,maintenance, upgrade ,change management and also in Minor cut over,migration, LLD and implementation projects.

Now, should i choose 263111 or 263212 ?

Since i have 4.8 years exp, am i eligible to apply for Independent Visa ? or should i go for Sponsor Visa?

Kindly Advise.

Vasanth

Best bet is to check ACS's role descriptions and what they expect you should have for each of the above roles and see which one you satisfy best.

If you choose state sponsored you will have to live there for 2 years I think, whereas the 189 you are free to do as you please, I believe.

I am currently in a similar position so some one who has been there and done that might be able to answer better than me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Honest answer is I don't know. I haven't got that far, we are just looking in to it at the moment.

First step would be to check if those jobs are on the particular state's list of jobs they would sponsor.

On a side note the process for 189 is much quicker than the sponsored one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• 6 months later...

263111 - This is the code is on SOL & CSOL. Permit for apply visa sub-class either 189 (independent applicants) or 190 (sponsorship applicants)

263212 - This is the code is only on CSOL, so, Permit for apply visa sub-class either 190 (sponsorship applicants)

If you trying for 189 visa, then you need to focus on 263111 code.

Ref:

http://www.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/information-for-applicants

To find job scope of each code please refer below.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2631+Computer+Network+Professionals