cheapest/best airline

nikki2008

Hi Nikki. I would look on Zuji or Skyscanner for price comparisons as the prices do vary. Also ask at your travel agent when prices are cheaper as the prices can drop drastically. Last September I priced up for a return to the UK in May. When I originally looked, the cheapest was Qatar coming in at $8500 for 4 of us and Singapore Airlines was over $11k. I kept any eye on the prices and they started to come down. Six weeks later I booked flights with Singapore for $6500, a huge saving.

Guest littlesarah

I'm not sure whether 'cheapest' and 'best' necessarily go together!

What time of year are you looking to fly? If you can book early, you should be able to bag an 'earlybird' special -some of the fares are really good.

For cheapest, get yourself to India or Malaysia with Air Asia (or another budget carrier) and then Sri Lanken Airlines from there - the three of us are travelling from Perth to LHR for under $2500. It takes around 40 hours though and only 3* airlines so as someone else said 'cheapest' isn't usually 'best'

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dave53

I think it was Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame who said , " there's no such thing as cheap and cheerful , only cheap and nasty " .. He was referring to cheap Chinese cars , however , there is a distinct parallel between cars and airlines ..BTW we are flying Sydney to Heathrow rtn in October and paying $1650 .. This seems not too bad and a direct flight too ,

Dave C

Archived