hairdresser need help!

Guest gemmahey

Guest gemmahey

Hi,

I am currently in the process of visa application and my TRA

Oh my word wat a head ache!:arghh:

Please can some one give me a outline of a statuary Declaration for TRA.

I am a fully qualified hairdresser and want to get my skills recognised but i dont want to ask a couple of previous employers for statements as i may have left taking clients with me so i dont think they will help my case.:wacko:

Has any one else been through this? What can i do?

Any help is appreciated

Thanx

Guest MariAndyok

Hi

I am waiting for my TRA back and haven't got my Stat Dec in front of me. I found this on another site, it looks very similar to the one I did. I hope this helps

ANDY:)

Statutory Declaration

I, [First Name] [Surname] of [Address] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

I was employed / have been self-employed as a [ job title(s) ] by [Company Name] between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY.

[for Stat Decs regarding employment] I cannot obtain a reference from [Company Name] as they have stopped trading/they have not kept any records regarding my employment.

During my period of employment / self-employment with / trading as [Company Name] I would perform the following tasks and duties on a day to day basis:

[give details in bullet point format]

I used the following tools and equipment:

[give list]

I make this solemn declaration believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Signed: [your signature]

Declared at: [Solicitors Address]

On this [Day] Day of [Month/Year]

Before me,

[solicitors signature]

[Solicitor’s Name, Occupation, Address]

Guest pandj6224

Hi,

The short answer is yes..........You need to write a very long and well worded Commonwealth Statutory Declaration ie: I did this and I did that give all the dates and places and really pad it all out, it's vital that you get a second opinion on what you write from a decent migration agent or maybe someone who complete's forms for a living. The key is the wording....... I bet your wondering how I know this.... Well my wife trained as an Enrolled nurse and qualified in 1988, we decided in Nov 2002, after our second family holiday to Qld that we wanted to get there ASAP, but she needed convert from SEN to RGN, to be eligable, she manged to get on the conversion course in late 03, she had to do it part time as she still needed to work, to cut a long story short we had a letter in Nov 05 from the NMC stating that she had finished the course... This confused us somewhat as she still had one final 2 week placement to do but had been unable to do it because of the pressure to stay on the ward from management and patient numbers, eventually she got it done april 06, so she sent the paperwork back to the NMC (The Nursing midwiffery council) as nurses have to be on the prfessional register to practice, sorted we thought all the paperwork done we already knew she would probably need to be at that qualification for a year, well early last year we started the ball rolling, thinking we had it all sorted three months after submitting her quals our agent emailed us to say the ANMC had initially refused to pass her as the quals were not good enough !! RN1 that blew us out of the water....

We managed to get three letters along with other the training syllabus from the University of Wales, the first two were no good, the final one was, at the same time we had been told by our Migration agent in Brisbane to complete a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration, this was initially eleven A4 pages long yes eleven !! this was then reduced to six, still a pretty substantual document, she then had to attend a solicitor and swear an oath on the Bible that it was a true account of her training etc, it was then singed by my wife and then the solicitor and then had to be stamped with the office seal...........That was it, all done we came home scanned and e-mailed it to our agent and sent it out to Brisbane later that day....we then had to wait, by now it was August we got a reply to say it was all OK in late September or early October, everything is ongoing we are going for our meds at the end of March.......

Right thats enough from me I'm rabbiting on, if you haven't got one I may have a blank stat dec form still on th pc, if it's there still, I could send it to you, Via e-mail, or if someone knows where you could download one from then better still, you really need to start by listing all your training and the go for a draft copy and don't forget to make backup copies on the pc....

I hope I have been of some help, your not alone I only wish we had joined this site last year, we thought we were alone....your not we've been there and got the tee shirt

Bye and good luck with the Stat Dec, by the way we would have given up if it wasn't for our agent....Stick with it, sometmes I think it's done to see if we are really serious about going!!

Pat & Janie.....

Also give any reference to the jobs andpositions and tasks/ duties carried out..........We still needed to do the Stat Dec even though she had the employer reference, I can't stress enough it's all in the wording......

If getting a reference from the actual employer really is impossible you could get statements from people who worked with you for that employer. If they could sign them as stat decs that would be best, but even written statements are ok. They (and you) can then attach things like business cards, payslips, copies of employment contracts to support the statements. Letters from clients are also very useful.

Good luck!

Guest Diane Paul and the kids
Hi,

I am currently in the process of visa application and my TRA

Oh my word wat a head ache!:arghh:

Please can some one give me a outline of a statuary Declaration for TRA.

I am a fully qualified hairdresser and want to get my skills recognised but i dont want to ask a couple of previous employers for statements as i may have left taking clients with me so i dont think they will help my case.:wacko:

Has any one else been through this? What can i do?

Any help is appreciated

Thanx

Hi,you can ask a former workmate to do a reference for you,we had to do that and the TRA were ok with it,also get half a dozen refs from your clients if you can,the more the better

I am a fully qualified hairdresser and I have just sent my TRA off last week.

I got a copy of a stat dec off a nice lady off this site.

I did it alone and yes it was a lot of hard work and lots of stat decs, as I too didnt have references from previous employees.

If you want I an give you some more info if you PM me.

April:)

Guest gemmahey

Thank you all very much it was very very heplful.

i have recieved a online of a stat dec and wrote a very very detailed account of my jobs including all my qualifications. I have gathered as much evidence i have at home i.e courses i have been on and payslips. I am going to get some previous employers statments and some work colleges to write a statement that i worked with them (were i cant approach the employer). I am also getting several clients to write statements. and then do i have to get a soilcitor to certify it all? I am not allowed to send orginal copys either and i?

Does this seem enough once i have gathered all this info?

Can n e 1 suggest e n thing else?

Thank all all for you help very grateful

:smile:

DE-FACTO APPLICATION SENT OFF: 20/02/08:jiggy:

APPLICATION FEE CAME OUT OF BANK: 22/02/08:twitcy:

EMAIL FROM C/O MORE EVIDENCE NEEDED AND POLICE CLEARANCE REQUIRED: 26/02/08:policeman:

POLICE FORM SENT OFF: 28/02/08

Guest pandj6224

Hi,

Print two copies off and get both Stat Decs signed and stamped, that way if one should go missing, and it does happen, you have another ready to go without going back to the solicitors again and yes you have to go to a Solicitor/Lawyer/Notary public or alike.....We found our Solicitor most helpful...

Good luck

Pat....

PS.. Remember It's all in the wording, pad it out and hopefully you will have a couple of A4 pages at the very least....

Don't forget that you will need to send certified copies of the whole lot off to the DIAC with your visa application too. So two lots of certified copies, 2 lots of stat decs, ready to be sent off to the TRA and then to the DIAC, and one lot of everything for your own records, is what I would recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joandrew

Hi dont know if you have a migration agent, we did and they had the full statutory declaration already printed and ready for me to sign!!! I have my own salon so had no one to ask etc. You will also need copies of all your certificates,which will have to be coutersigned by a JP or solicitor and basically they want to know the ins and outs of the cats you know what.........Good luck, you will get there.

Guest gemmahey

ERM after all your lovely help i think i dont have to do a TRA?:huh:

Right can some one please answer this question. I have sent of my DE FACTO visa off and is currently processing, but i am also a hairdresser but the easiest route for me was defacto visa rather than the skilled visa.

However i was under the impression (dont ask me where from) that i would still have to get my Trades assessed to work as a hairdresser. After emailing the immigration office they have told me that you only have to get your trades assessed if you are going throu the skilled visa. I am however worried when in get over to Sydney and i have all my qualifactions and referances that they will ask for my trades certificate. Has n e 1 else been through this? And as an employer what do they ask for from a u.k hairdresser if they have residency but havent gone throu skilled visa?

Thanks for ne help.:twitcy:

Archived