I've applied for my 189 today!

Jude

I got my invitation to apply this afternoon!

Have managed to lodge the application and upload a few documents but the bloody website keeps logging me out. Trying not to take it personally as I've seen it happens to a lot of people.

I want to get everything done asap as a fried of mine who applied 5 weeks ago got his CO last week. I'm hoping mine is so quick.........

​Looks like I might be emmigrating to Australia............................:wink:

Hi Jude

We tried to load ours straight after being invited on 1 April and lodging our visa application. We kept having problems and ended up giving up and thought we would wait and see if the site changed to list the documents required.

We got an email this week confirming we had been allocated Adelaide processing centre and have logged back in and found that all documents required are now listed. We are busy tonight attaching them although they ask for everything even though it might not be applicable to us. For example they ask for evidence of custody for the children but this is only if both parents are not migrating.

Did your friend actually get allocated a case officer or was it allocation of he centre. Just interested because we've booked our Medicals for end if May because we can't get to the UK until then. I don't want to be allocated a case officer too early and be told we have to do our Medicals earlier!

Hi Lou,

He got a case officer. She asked for a couple more documents he hadn't got around to uploading and for his health check. We were both really surprised because we were expecting 10 weeks!

Hi Lou,

He got a case officer. She asked for a couple more documents he hadn't got around to uploading and for his health check. We were both really surprised because we were expecting 10 weeks!

Do you know which centre he was allocated?

Hi Jude

Can you please help me with the following

I got the invitation for Class 189 Visa today. I need help now to file the application.

In Skillselect page, there is an "Apply VISA" button. Can I click it now or only all the required documents are ready?

Regarding the required documents I following the below check-list. Is it the latest one?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/189-applicant-checklist.pdf

Im blindly following the the below page in Skillselect for VISA lodging. Is it enough?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...-checklist.pdf

Also I'm giving only the below documents

Health (In my country ehealth is availabe, so should i carry the below documents?)

1.Form 26 Medical examination for an Australian visa.

2.Form 160 Radiological report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an Australian visa.

Personal documents for applicants

1.Certified copy of SSLC book and passport to prove age(I dont have birth certificate)

2.Certified copy of the birth certificate of my only kid

3.Certified copy of marriage certificate

English language ability

1. IELTS Test report form of mine and my wife

Character

1. Form80

Thanks

Adelaide. Maybe you'll hear from someone soon. He didn't get an e-mail saying which centre first though - just straight from the case officer. But did say some of his docs had changed from required to received a couple of days beforehand.

Hi Jude

Can you please help me with the following

I got the invitation for Class 189 Visa today. I need help now to file the application.

In Skillselect page, there is an "Apply VISA" button. Can I click it now or only all the required documents are ready?

Regarding the required documents I following the below check-list. Is it the latest one?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/189-applicant-checklist.pdf

Im blindly following the the below page in Skillselect for VISA lodging. Is it enough?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...-checklist.pdf

Also I'm giving only the below documents

Health (In my country ehealth is availabe, so should i carry the below documents?)

1.Form 26 Medical examination for an Australian visa.

2.Form 160 Radiological report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an Australian visa.

Personal documents for applicants

1.Certified copy of SSLC book and passport to prove age(I dont have birth certificate)

2.Certified copy of the birth certificate of my only kid

3.Certified copy of marriage certificate

English language ability

1. IELTS Test report form of mine and my wife

Character

1. Form80

Thanks

Firstly lodge your application and pay the fee. This entails filling out 17 pages of information. you aren't asked to load any documents at this stage but you need all your document numbers (eg passport, IELTS, skills Once you've done that it'll say its processing and then you'll be able to start loading documents. However, this can be problematic and we found it easier once DIAC listed the documents to attach.

You click on the apply for visa button then just check all the details. You then pay the visa fee and get a new ID code to log in. I logged on half an hour later and it listed the documents They want uploading - then just upload them when you're ready. It gives the checklist you have. I think the documents required vary from person to person so can't really help you with that.

Good luck!

Adelaide. Maybe you'll hear from someone soon. He didn't get an e-mail saying which centre first though - just straight from the case officer. But did say some of his docs had changed from required to received a couple of days beforehand.

Thanks Jude. We had problems loading documents and ended up loading my birth certificate 4 times because the system kept crashing and when we logged back in no documents were showing. Best thing is to be patient and leave it and come back to it the next day if you are having problems.

Good luck with everything.

Lou

Firstly lodge your application and pay the fee. This entails filling out 17 pages of information. you aren't asked to load any documents at this stage but you need all your document numbers (eg passport, IELTS, skills Once you've done that it'll say its processing and then you'll be able to start loading documents. However, this can be problematic and we found it easier once DIAC listed the documents to attach.

So pay the fees and only after that we'll get the list of documents to sumbit. Please correct me if Im wrong.

In the 17 pages do we have to provide any medical or police clearance related docs details because I havent done my medicals and PCC.

You click on the apply for visa button then just check all the details. You then pay the visa fee and get a new ID code to log in. I logged on half an hour later and it listed the documents They want uploading - then just upload them when you're ready. It gives the checklist you have. I think the documents required vary from person to person so can't really help you with that.

Good luck!

Could you please tell me what aal details we need to provide in the 17 pages. IS it assessment and IELTS only(we provided it on EOI)/

​So only after we pay the fees it gives all the documents. And we need to use that isnt it?

So pay the fees and only after that we'll get the list of documents to sumbit. Please correct me if Im wrong.

In the 17 pages do we have to provide any medical or police clearance related docs details because I havent done my medicals and PCC.

Yep that's right. It's basically validating everything in your EOI before you pay your fee and asking for a bit more info. Once you've paid it asks for documents and there's a link to book your Medicals. We haven't done our PCC yet. It is stating its required but I know they are taking about 2/3 weeks at the moment so we are aiming to send ours off at he end of this month to correspond with our meds booked for end of may.

Friends

I'm in the process of lodging 189 VISA and I have these 3 critical doubts while filling the application

1. Previous Countries of Residence

Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicants usual country of residence

I lived in China for 5 months and my wife had short term visits to Saudi Arabia both in the last 10 years. Should we include that in the application. Beyond 10 years my wife was in Saudi Arabia for 4 years when she was a kid. But she doesn't remember the dates and it was old passport which we don't have at the moment.

2. My spouse's functional English

She is writing IELTS on 27th and her results will be out by May 10 th. But she had her graduation in English so she qualifies functional English.

So at the moment can we not give the IELTS results for her and lodge the visa and give the IELTS details at a later point of time?

3. Timeframe

The time to lodge visa is 60 days. Is it the time to complete the application and make the payments or should the documents(medicals,PCC etc) be also uploaded within this time?

Please help

Archived