HSBC??? or not?

Guest hazel and dave

Guest hazel and dave

I hate faffing with finances...!!! it makes my head hurt, I can never decide which way to jump. My dilemma, this time, is whether or not to use HSBC in Oz. I have banked with them over here for yonks and have a load of different accounts with them. They have recommended that I set up an account with them over there. They say this will make transferring money cheaper and I will take my 'credit footprint' - whatever that is - with me becuase I am a 'trusted and valued client'. I'm just unsure how true this statement is and if they really are a presence over there - I don't want to end up with a three day commute for a meeting with the bank. Am I right in thinking that you need to go into 'your' bank and, unlike here, you can't jsut pop into any branch? Any advice from errr.... anyone would be really appreciated. Also... are they competitive in terms of their fees and interst rates etc?

HAzel

Hazel

Go ahead and take up their offer. If you are not happy with them after a few weeks in OZ and when you have settled in then you will have a multitude of banks and building societies to choose from. I often recommend Bank of Queensland to clients as each branch is owned by the manager and they give you one on one service. But depending on where you settle, you will have plenty of choice.

Take up HSBC's offer of a bank account and relieve one extra hassle and remember it does not mean you are tied to them. When you need other services that they offer, thats when you shoudl get a second quote. Try talking to HIFX ( www.hifx.com.au) about curreny transfers, a mortgage broker about loans if you are looking for a house and a financial planner for any questions regarding investments, pensions, insurance etc. Have a look at sites like InfoChoice > Home , RateCity.com.au , Personal Finance, Shares, Money, Superannuation News - moneymanager.com.au and of course my web site Genesys Wealth Advisers .

Make sure you stay in control....these people are offerring their services to you and you have the right to pick and choose what's best for you.

best of luck

Liam

i would say no they dont have many banks in australia ,we opened an account with them thinking it would be a good idea but they charged us 10 dollers a month ,i closed the account last month and now i am with the national bank of australia they have been very helpful.

Archived