sorry pension thread again...

RVN

HI all

I have two pensions, one is a private pension that only I have ever paid into and the second is a pension that all my NI contributions go into. I opted out of SERPS several years ago and never went back in, as far as I am aware all my NI have gone into a pot for me only. Unfortunately my contributions are small so total fund will not be very much. We are hoping to be out in oz later this year as PRs and Im not sure what to do with these pensions. Have read some of the previous posts and some people have cashed in, some transfered. Not really sure what I need to do. Any advise please

thanks

Hi RVN

The treatment of the 2 pensions is totally different and with your private pension you have a number of options. I have prepared a document which goes through the background and explains the options as well as giving you an idea of the Australian Superannuation system.It also includes a section the way your UK State Pension can be accessed and how it is treated in Australia when you reach the qualification age.

You can download the easy to read document from the following web page Genesys Wealth Advisers . Just look for the link on the right hand side of the page.

The best advice I can give is get proper advice for your personal circumstances and make sure you are not being ripped off. A decsion made in haste could cost you a lot of money long term.

Hope this helps

Liam

Archived