State sponsorship minimum cash funds

minnie659

Hi,

i have just read that WA ask how much money you would be bringing with you. A lot of our money would be from our house sale. Do they require a bank balance or a mortgage balance with a house quotation? Is there a minimum they would accept?

Thanks

Hi. Its about $25,000 minimum for one person and about $35,000 for a couple. The more you can demonstrate the better. You only have to make a self declaration. You don't need to provide proof life bank statements, etc. Although I wouldn't lie because they may ask one day. I've never heard of anyone being asked though.

Most people use house sale as evidence. I looked at righmove.co.uk and made an estimate of how much the house was worth and obviously subtracted the remaining mortgage.

Coastie.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

i have just read that WA ask how much money you would be bringing with you. A lot of our money would be from our house sale. Do they require a bank balance or a mortgage balance with a house quotation? Is there a minimum they would accept?

Thanks

We had direct experience with this. We were planning on selling our house before we left which would have given us a chunk of money to bring. We put this amount in our application form. However, some issues meant that we couldn't sell our house and we only had $9000 to come with and no job!! I called WA Immigration and they said there were absolutely no issues. They just said that they wanted to make sure that we had enough money to set ourselves up. They don't check bank balances or anything like that. In fact, they haven't checked anything since we arrived!

Hope this helps. Good luck with the move.

Archived