Is There Any up and coming suburbs left?

stacybird123

I totally agree with the other posters who have said, 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it'. It sounds like you are much happier in the UK and especially as your business is doing well.

I totally disagree, however, with dmjg's advice above. Coming back to Oz for two years just to get citizenship is ridiculous. Moving kids about is bloody hard and imho the older they get the harder it is. If a decent education is important to you for your kids then stay put. There's nothing worse than dragging kids in and out of school - it unsettles them in so many ways - they will constantly be put back a year etc. If you were a single guy I might say go for it.

There is a good reason you came home in the first place...if Oz meant that much to you back then, you would have stuck out an extra two years to get that certificate.

Good luck in making your decision! :)

It wasn't advice, just another option that hadn't been given

I reckon people would only be minted if they had a few properties and sold one or two off for cash/rented out now.

The price of living is huge here though. Also worth pointing out that a place isn't worth staying in just for the potential money or being up and coming. Just think, you gotta live in that 'up and coming' place which may take years to actually be what you want. Life is short and not worth slogging just for making money when you are retired. At least i don't think so anyway.

Really really fraustrating because my business in oz was making amazing money and the australian's just loved the concept and I was in at the beginning, the first to do it but then my competitors complained and i was shut out and closed down basically. I look now sometimes on google adwords australia and see that still there is no competition and I could seriously do well. .

Is your business one that requires you to be 'present' here in Australia physically? i only ask as we do online work and have set up our own biz here and in the UK and plan to still work for those clients remotely as it is online stuff in marketing which doesn't require us to be here.

I reckon people would only be minted if they had a few properties and sold one or two off for cash/rented out now.

The price of living is huge here though. Also worth pointing out that a place isn't worth staying in just for the potential money or being up and coming. Just think, you gotta live in that 'up and coming' place which may take years to actually be what you want. Life is short and not worth slogging just for making money when you are retired. At least i don't think so anyway.

Is your business one that requires you to be 'present' here in Australia physically? i only ask as we do online work and have set up our own biz here and in the UK and plan to still work for those clients remotely as it is online stuff in marketing which doesn't require us to be here.

Unfortunately my business means i have to be based in australia for it to work, its not ecommerce or anything. My uk business is here http://www.carpetvan.co.uk , had the same thing going in oz but like i say the local stores didnt approve of a mobile showroom store under cutting them, to which is understandable in a way as their argument was that they had rates, rents and more overheads to deal with so was not able to compete with my model.