Second Stage Partner Visa Confusion

Sarahelle

Hello, once again I need your help lovely people.

I recieved my second stage paperwork to complete and it seems fine, but I am a bit confused.

They are asking for another police check but it is unclear whether they mean just an Australian Police check or another UK Police check also, which would be odd as only had them done last July and I haven't left Australia since. Also can I use my previous certificates since they are in date for another 3 months?

Another point of confusion for me is since my fiance is Australian, do I need to get a police check done for him also or would that only be if he was British too? Plus he lived in the UK for 8 years so does he need a UK one too? I'm starting to panic a bit as my time is running out and all this takes time! They make it sound as if they do, but I'm not sure!

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

For the 2nd stage I submitted another Australian police check, my 3rd in 2 years! I am not sure if you could reuse the one from last year, I didn't really consider that but perhaps it's better to err on the side of caution and get a new one... Not sure if you know this already but I discovered for my 3rd police check that you can lodge your request online which sped up the process quite a lot.

My partner is Australian and we didn't submit any police checks for him.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck with your application.

El

Hi Sarah,

For the 2nd stage I submitted another Australian police check, my 3rd in 2 years! I am not sure if you could reuse the one from last year, I didn't really consider that but perhaps it's better to err on the side of caution and get a new one... Not sure if you know this already but I discovered for my 3rd police check that you can lodge your request online which sped up the process quite a lot.

My partner is Australian and we didn't submit any police checks for him.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck with your application.

El

Thanks so much. I didn't know it was all online, must be a recent thing - have just done it in my lunch hour :) I'm relieved I don't have to do one for my partner.

Do I need to get a new UK one done too? Only it's a bit of a pain in the neck isn't it!

Thanks again x

I didn't get another UK one as I think it specified only a Australian one on my paperwork but I think the forms have changed slightly even since last October when I did mine so hopefully someone who's done it more recently will come along and help. Good luck!

Archived