309 defacto off shore visa

Hi all, got a question regarding 309 defacto offshore visa.

I have got 3 ozzy citizens who will give me a statutory declaration, but im wondering, for family members and friends here in the uk, do they also have to fill out a statutory declaration, and if so does it need to be on form 888, also, does each person need to do it, like one from my brother and one from his wife.......one from my sister one from her husband, one from my friend and one from his girlfriend or is it, one letter between a couple etc????

thanks

andy

Hi Andy

For ours, we sent the stat dec form through to the non aussies so they could see the type of things immi were interested in. However, we didnt get them to fill it in. Instead we asked them to type or write a statement then sign and date it. We also asked them to give us a signed copy of their passport, and if they knew someone like a doctor or teacher we asked them to get that person to witness the statement (by counter signing it) and the passport copy.. I'm not sure if that was needed but it wasn't difficult for each person and we thought that anything to make it seem like the person had taken the statement seriously was probably helpful. My visa has now been granted so it was definitely enough :)

KT

Haha - nope, nothing tripped us up and we weren't interviewed :) after it was all in, the process was pretty straightforward if long.

The only hiccup was with my police check as I sent it normal first class post rather than special delivery to my case officer. He didnt acknowledge reciept for ages and I was so worried it had been lost in the post that I ordered a reprint so I could send it again. The reprint arrived the same day the original arrived back with a received stamp on it. Typical!

Yes very typical, thanks again for your stories, sorry one more thing did you get a letter from each person if they were a couple, for example, did your friend and her boyfriend write a letter each, or 1 between them? or your mum and dad both have to write a letter or just 1 between them, it doesnt state what is excactly needed in the info and guidelines?

thanks kaoticturtle

We just did one per set of parents. For friends we got the individual friend to write it (none were in long term relationships though). I think we submitted 3 australian (two friends plus oh parents) plus 2 UK (one friend plus my parents). The aussies had all known my oh from before we were together, and the brits had known me from a lot earlier plus they had all met us as a couple soon after we got together. We figured given that we probably didnt need any more. I would say the main deciding factor between individual and couple statements would be if they would have different things to say? If they are just going to say the same things then I don't think it matters.

Hope that helps!