Subclass 175

mhm

Hi every one,

I am new here in this forum. I have a question about subclass 175 priority group 5. We lodged our application in 24th July 2008. Main applicant is my wife. Then I achieved scholarship from Griffith University and we moved to Brisbane 7 months ago. My wife's sister is a citizen here in Australia and she is the sponsor for our application. There is no news from DIAC for our application. I went two times to Brisbane office and they told me that I am expected to wait to be allocated a case officer. Anyone one has any idea about the progress of the updates in allocation date table for subclass 175? Moreover, I am wondering if we need to do a security and medical check again. We did it 7 months ago for student visa. Admin, can you add me to the table please?

Best Regards,

Are you sure it's a 175 and not a 176? 175s are not relative sponsored so I don't see how your sister in law being a citizen would come into it. The current allocation date for 175s is 21 May 2008, so if it really is a 175, you still have a way to go but you're getting closer. Priority Group 5 176s are not being allocated yet and there will probably still be a considerable time to wait for one of those. PCCs and medicals are only valid for 12 months so if you had them done 7 months ago, you'll need to do them again when your GSM visa gets to that stage.

thanks for your answer, I checked the visa subclass and it is 175. The sponsor is added after lodgment of application. I went to Brisbane office and there was a guy asked me about the name of my sister in law and told me that she is the sponsor.

thanks for your answer, I checked the visa subclass and it is 175. The sponsor is added after lodgment of application. I went to Brisbane office and there was a guy asked me about the name of my sister in law and told me that she is the sponsor.

If you added the sponsor later your application is now a 176FS.

Archived