Appliances

Rakesh1977

Hello everyone,

If anyone out here is currently buying new house hold appliances or is in the process of building a house as I am, I'm sure you've found the cost of top end appliances in Australia (AEG, Miele etc) very expensive. An example is AEG's top end steam over - $4999 in Harvey Norman etc etc

After a lot of research and talking to a whole bunch of people in Australia, I took the plunge and bought new appliances directly from europe through "deluxe appliances" online. The savings are HUGE. The same oven I mentioned above cost $1499, I also got a built in coffee machine, induction cooktop, warming drawer all for $8000 delivered. All of the applianced come with manufacturer warranty for two years in Oz. Even my builder was impressed enough to say that there was no way it could be matched in oz.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let people know that there is another way to not get ripped off.

Couldn't agree more, I did the same thing but did personal imports. Customs duty is 5% from memory, plus you pay 10% GST for items over $1000, but you generally get a 20% VAT refund from the UK.

It's a bit of fanny around to do it yourself, but there are people who will do it for you such as the one mentioned.

Archived