plumber skills assessment

kirksummers

Guest scrumpy

I done the vetassesse last summer in North London

If your a plumber you will pass, if your a DIYer you will still prob pass!!!

Turn up and drink coffee, its all very very laid back

Examiner takes you to your "booth" and explains what todo which is:

Connect to a picture of a gas meter and then to a boiler jig, a little bit of 3/4 screwed iron, couple of elbows, then on to 22mm copper to the jig.

Cap and air test.

Then build a 110mm stub stack, connect 1x W.C and 1x hand basin, nothings tested, they just look at it, make sure you get your Durgo above the basin height and also the height of the basin. A little bit of end feed solder to do. thats it

You can see from all the screw holes in the ply, where everthing goes, none of the waste is glued its all just push it.

whilst your doing the practicals, the examiner will take you too one side and has pages n pages of questions, He will tick over 90% of them withouts asking you, he will ask a few and no trick questions!!

They seem to ask about septic tanks and fire sprinkler systems, not the sort of stuff I have worked on, but gave it a go and the examiner will point/guide you to the correct answers, it really is not a problem.

I didnt take any tools with me, the other guys did, its up to you really. I just used the crappy college stuff, but it is nice to use you own. If you got a little cordless screwdriver take it as a goof few clips to put in, and then when finished you need to stip the booth clean,

Its on a saturday morning , all the college staff want todo is go home asap , turned up at 8ish and the 5 of us were all done by 11.30, and that was about £1100.00 each x 5 of us!!!

I would say good luck, but you really really will not need it, its all a bit of a p*ss take

If you have any other questions, just ask, cheers

TIP: I just took all the bends and sets and screwed iron that I needed out of the scrap bins.

Archived