Good Hostels/Bad Hostels

Seattle Scott

Quick background. 30 year old male, still able to get after it party wise, can handle a bit dirty and loud.

- Booking by location/price and then bonus things like free breakfast, internet and such.

- How easy is it to obtain a work for stay deal??

Would love to hear about hostel you all have stayed at that were great, and ones to avoid.

In Sydney, Byron Bay, Surfers, Gold Coast, Fraser Island, Whitsundays, and Cairns. Just trying to compile a list while I have the free time at home.

Any and all experiences you feel like sharing would be welcome.

Thank you all

I would aviod G'day backbackers in Sydney! It was the only one I could get in over Christmas one year (most of them have a minimum stay over this period) - however, saying that..it's the people which make it a good experience. I also stayed in a shocking hostel in Perth (Bambu) - and I moved to this one after meeting a few folk who were staying there - but that was one of the best times I had because of the people I met there and the time I had (almost makes you forget the bad things!). The rest were fine - and I stayed in a few. If you do get a bad one - just find another...I knew a few people who managed to work at hostels they stayed...these were mainly YHA hostels come to think of it..and they just asked when they got there - always odd jobs to do, and other workers move on all the time. :)

Archived